Main menu

Official web site of FC Crvena zvezda


Red-and-whites overcome Mladost

Crvena zvezda players responded well to last Thursday’s Europa League defeat and rallied to a 2-1 win over Mladost at Rajko Mitić Stadium to remain four points clear at the top of Superliga.

Ground: Rajko Mitić Stadium
Attendance: 6,780
Referee: Jovan Šegrt (Belgrade)
Goalscorers: Pešić 26', Račić 40' - Radivojević 50'


Crvena zvezda: Borjan, Stojković, Le Tallec, Babić, Rodić, Račić, Krstičić, Milijaš, Srnić, Adžić, Pešić.
Substitutes: Supić, Gobeljić, Anđelković, Donald, L. Ilić, Radonjić, Joveljić.

Mladost: Rosić, Andrić, Pešić, Milošević, Šatara, Sinđić, Tumbasević, Pavlović, Radivojević, Marić, Trifunović.
Substitutes: Zečević, Wang, Cuckić, Marinković, Milosavljević, Golunović, Marković.

Vladan Milojević handed starts to Srđan Babić at centre back and Nenad Milijaš and Uroš Račić in midfield with Vujadin Savić, Mitchell Donald and Guélor Kanga all rested following a tough midweek test. Richmond Boakye also sat the match out with Aleksandar Pešić leading the line against Lučani side. Luka Adžić started at left wing in place of Nemanja Radonjić.

 The match started somewhat slowly and it took home players some 20 minutes to find the right tempo. The first meaningful attack yielded a goal for the red-and-whites as Aleksandar Pešić planted a firm header beyond Rosić after a pinpoint cross from Filip Stojković.

Uroš Račić made it 2-0 five minutes before the break after playing two one-twos in the buildup and placing a low shot in the near corner.

Luka Ilić replaced Nenad Krstičić before the start of the second period and the youngster delivered a steady performance in the middle of the park.

But it wasn’t all easy for the hosts as Mladost halved the deficit just five minutes after the restart. Radivojević evaded a half-hearted Račić challenge and squeezed the ball between Borjan and the near post to make it 2-1.

Head Coach Vladan Milojević sent Mitchell Donald on, and the Dutchman did well to steady the midfield.

Nenad Milijaš came close to scoring on his 220th Crvena zvezda appearance, but his long-range free kick hit the woodwork with Rosić rooted to the spot. So unlucky for the captain!

Nemanja Radonjić was brought on as the match wore on, but his pace wasn’t enough to produce a third Zvezda goal that would end the contest.

Mladost never looked like scoring again, however, and the points were secured as referee Jovan Šegrt blew the final whistle.

There won’t be much time to rest as Spartak Subotica arrive to our stadium for the re-arranged Matchday 9 match on Wednesday evening.



* All fields are required.
Pošalji e-mail